Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Turkish disappointment

I think that we got what we deserved last night. We didn't seem all that bothered which is fair enough given that it was a meaningless game. I think that we had one eye on the Fulham match. Galatasary were the better team and deserved their win. Good to see Robbie score his first two champions league goals even if one of them came off his arse.

Of the young lads, Paletta wasn't great at centre back. I don't think that he's ready for the first team yet. Peltier looks a bit lacking in experience too. Maybe he is more at home at defensive midfield. Guthrie was probably the pick of the youngsters.
Pennant good for second goal but not what he shold be overall. He had a few good moments in the match. It's hard to know what's going to happen with him. He has all of the raw materials to make it but isn't doing it so far. Maybe his problems are in his head. I think he should, and will, be given until the end of the season.

I'm not that bothered who we get in the next round of the champions league. Hopefully not Barcelona. After that I don't mind. Celtic or Lille would be decent.

As regards the takeover talk I'm not counting chickens yet. It's looking good given the comments from Parry and DIC but nothing is guarenteed until we see the handshakes. I am cautiously in favour of the deal. I hope that we retain what makes us a special football club. If it means that the new stadium is safe and we can invest a bit more in players then I think that it should work out well.

Bring on the cottagers.

No comments: