Wednesday, August 06, 2008

There may be trouble ahead, part 3?

This is very worrying. The fact that Xabi is staying and Barry isn't signing for £18m doesn't bother me much. I love Xabi and am thrilled he's staying. Would have been terrible to see him in an Arsenal shirt. IF he plays this Wed then he's definitely staying. I do rate Barry and think he would have done well for us but £18m is a lot of cash. But the worrying part of this deal is the fact that it appears the owners aren't willing to back Rafa over this. Back him or sack him is my view. If they are vetoing certain signings then we're going down a perilous path. Do they think they know more than Rafa about football now? I hope Rafa doesn't walk over this. There is some DIC talk again but I'll believe that when I see it.


Analysis of the win over Vallerenga here. The scoresheet was the same as the Rangers match with Torres, Yossi, Xabi and Ngog on target. Xabi's was the pick of the bunch for me.

The Lazio match wasn't quote as goal filled. Voronin came off the bench to score the winner in the 89th minute at Anfield. That should help with putting him in the shop window. I don't think that he's good enough, and should be sold but the booing of him as he came on the pitch was a disgrace. I'm never in favour of booing our own players. But fairplay to the lad, he came on and struck a fantastic goal. He shushed the kop for his celebration and I think he was spot on to do so.


Rafa is happy with the progress that Ngog has made in fitting in with the squad. His goals against Rangers and Valarenga will have helped him settle. In the same report, Tony Barrett says that Rafa doesn't want to sell Yossi to Roma, despite what Spaletti has been saying.

Looks like the boy Brouwer might be off to Utrecht on loan. I suppose it makes sense as he won't be anywhere near the first team this season. I have a feeling that he'll end up permanently back in Holland sooner or later.

The Hungarian contingent at Anfield looks to be on the rise. Otikba Kenneth is a 17 year old centre half and will be singing from Bekescsaba this week according to the mirror.

No comments: